Employment Law and Employee Rights – Kansas City
Under United States employment law, as well as the Kansas Human Rights Act and Missouri Human Rights Act, all employees have basic rights, including the right to privacy, to fair compensation, and freedom from discrimination – including throughout the hiring process. They also include freedom from harassment, the right to a safe workplace, and “whistleblower” rights, or the right to be free from retaliation for filing a claim or complaint against an employer.
If you feel that those basic rights have been violated, consulting with experienced employment law and employee rights attorneys is your best course of action. We will listen to you and help form a strategy to best defend your rights.
Representation that will fight for you
Attorneys Kevin Baldwin and Eric Vernon handle discrimination cases before the EEOC, the Missouri Commission on Human Rights, the Kansas Human Rights Commission, and in state and federal courts.
We have a deep understanding of key laws such as:
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Older Workers’ Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Kansas Human Rights Act
- Missouri Human Rights Act
- Title VII
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
We have successfully handled cases, such as:
- Women working on road crews who lost opportunities and hours because male coworkers did not want to work with women.
- Women who had always received superior job reviews but started receiving negative feedback immediately after they became pregnant.
- Wrongful termination of a cancer-stricken employee
Get the Defense You Deserve
If you believe you have a civil case, contact us for a free consultation so we can see if we’re a good fit for you, and start building a strategy to defend your rights.